You are familiar with laser treatment in Cosmetic surgery. But, have you ever heard about Laser Dentistry? This blog is a detailed overview of this Dentistry.
What is Laser Dentistry?
Laser Dentistry involves the use of lasers to treat multiple dental problems. It is potentially a more beneficial and comfortable treatment option for dental issues involving soft and hard tissues. It consists of a light that is a relatively narrow and focused beam. The light, when reflected in the tissue, reacts by removing or shaping it.
The procedures that involve Laser Dentistry are:
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Teeth whitening
Therefore, Laser Dentistry is more efficient, cost-effective, and comfortable.
Procedure Involved in Laser Dentistry
Laser Dentistry involves two primary procedures, that is, the hard and the soft tissue. Hard tissue involves the teeth, and soft tissue involves the gums. The problems concerning the treatment of hard tissue are:
- Detecting cavities earlier by inspecting tooth decay.
- In Laser Dentistry, there is no need for local anesthesia and traditional drills. The light from the laser kills the bacteria and keeps the tooth healthy for a longer run.
- Teeth sensitivity is treated with lasers because lasers tend to seal tubules on the tooth’s root.
Laser Dentistry procedures for soft tissue include:
- If you have a gummy smile, you can opt for Laser Dentistry to reshape those gums.
- Lasers are used to remove soft-tissue folds from loosely fitted dentures without enduring any pain or sutures.
- Children with a thick or tight frenulum have tongue-ties. Laser treatment cures the frenulum attachment, thereby improving their speech impediment.
Other procedures involved in Laser Dentistry are:
- Using optical coherence tomography, dentists can effortlessly look inside your teeth and gums.
- Dentists use lasers to reshape the throat and cure breathing problems caused due to Sleep Apnea.
- Lasers tend to painlessly remove tumors from gums, sides of lip, and cheeks.
- Lasers provide you relief from the pain caused in the jaw joint.
- It makes the bleaching process quicker in the teeth whitening procedure.
- It minimizes the healing time and eliminates the pain caused due to cold sores.
- It regenerates blood vessels, nerves, and scars that are significantly damaged.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Laser Dentistry provides multiple benefits that include:
- No local anesthesia required
- Laser sterilize the gums, thereby reducing the chance of infection.
- Less damage to the gums means minimal healing time.
- Patients tend to lose less blood as compared to traditional surgery.
Laser dentistry is one of the best and painless dentistry to treat dental problems. Oak Dentistry offers comprehensive dental services, including laser dentistry procedures at Arlington, TX. For more details and appointments, call us at (817) 375-0400. You can also book online or visit us at 7416 S Cooper St STE 100, Arlington, TX 76001.