Tooth loss is common after a certain age. However, thanks to recent advancements in implant dentistry, getting your natural smile back is easier than ever.
At Oak Dentistry in Arlington, Texas, we specialize in providing family, cosmetic, implant dentistry procedures and use the latest technologies to restore and improve our patients’ smiles.
What Is an All-on-4 Dental Implant?
All-on-4 is a dental implant procedure that can replace an entire set of missing teeth. All-on-4 dental implants are a permanent and fixed alternative to dentures.
In traditional dental implant procedures, small titanium posts are inserted into your jawbone for each crown that replaces a missing tooth. All-on-4 dental implants act as the main anchors for entire sets of artificial teeth.
Once the implants are inserted and fuse with the jawbone, the fixed denture is attached to them to provide a fixed and seamless tooth restoration.
Procedure for All-on-4 Dental Implants
At Oak Dentistry, the procedure for placing All-on-4 dental implants involves the following steps:
- During your initial consultation, Dr. Lim examines your teeth, gums, and jawbone and discusses your medical history with you. He will also use CBCT scans and dental X-Rays to assess your dental health.
- Next, Dr. Lim performs an oral surgery procedure to fix the implants into your jawbone.
- Once the healing process is complete and the dental implants have fused with your jawbone, Dr. Lim can securely fit the All-on-4 denture in place.
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
All-on-4 dental implants provide the following benefits:
- They protect the jawbone from further deterioration.
- They restore your oral functionality and boost your self-confidence.
- They are fixed, unlike traditional dentures.
- They are a permanent solution for replacing entire sets of missing teeth.
Aftercare Tips for All-on-4 Implants
To protect your All-on-4 implants, follow the tips below:
- First and foremost, you should maintain proper oral hygiene.
- Follow all the instructions provided by Dr. Lim after the procedure.
- During the first few weeks after the procedure, avoid hard or chewy foods to allow the implant site to properly heal and avoid complications.
All-on-4 dental implants are the best alternative to traditional dentures.
For more on the benefits of All-on-4 dental implants, call Oak Dentistry in Arlington, Texas, at (817) 375-0400. You can also book your appointment with Dr. Lim online or visit us at 7416 S Cooper St STE 100, Arlington, TX 76001.