Having a new set of aligners makes you feel happy and hopeful about transforming your smile altogether. Invisalign clear aligners are responsible for teeth straightening, but have you ever thought about how you can clean them? Yes, there are many tips on the internet about washing them with a brush every day and many more. Did you know that cleaning crystals are dedicated to cleaning your clear aligners? Let’s learn more about Invisalign cleaning crystals and how to use them to clean your aligners effectively.
What Are Invisalign Cleaning Crystals?
These cleaning crystals are typically Sodium Sulfate, Sodium Carbonate, and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. Designed by the Invisalign brand, the cleaning crystals can provide disinfection and cleaning aligners and retainers. It kills bacteria that might grow in your aligners. With the help of the cleaning crystals, you can remove the dangerous virus or bacteria that might result in plaque accumulation.
How To Use Invisalign Cleaning Crystals?
Cleaning your Invisalign aligners have been made easy with cleaning crystals. You need to follow the steps for using cleaning crystals given below:
- First, remove your aligners and rinse them under lukewarm water. Doing this will help you remove debris and excess saliva that gets stuck in them.
- After rinsing the aligners, fill a glass with warm water, dissolve a packet of cleaning crystals, and stir well.
- Take your Invisalign aligners, submerge them entirely into the mixture, and let it soak for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Once you have soaked them in the mixture, rinse them under warm running water.
- After this, you need to brush them with a toothbrush that has soft bristles. It helps you to remove the remaining plaque buildup and rinse them again for cleaning and washing off the cleaning solution.
Why Do You Need Invisalign Cleaning Crystals?
When you eat while wearing your aligners, a lot of bacteria and plaque accumulate. Without proper cleaning, using them again would result in plaque accumulation in your teeth and will no longer be valid. Thus, with the help of cleaning crystals, not only will you be able to clean them effectively, but you will also be able to take care of your oral health.
How Long Do I Need To Soak My Aligners In Cleaning Crystals?
You must soak your Invisalign aligners in the cleaning crystal mixture for over 15 minutes. After this, rinse them with warm water and get excellent results.
Alternatives To Invisalign Cleaning Crystals
It’s undeniable that Invisalign cleaning crystals are highly capable of cleaning your aligners. However, the price range of these cleaning crystals is somewhat high and is a problem for many people. So we have made a list of alternatives that you can use for cleaning your aligners:
- Denture cleaners: Yes, you read that right! You can use denture cleaners like Polident and Efferdent for cleaning your aligners. For cleaning your Invisalign, soak them in water for over 30 minutes and then brush them with a toothbrush to remove excess residue.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Mix 3% hydrogen peroxide with warm water and remove stains from your aligners. Soak your Invisalign for 30 minutes and see the results yourself.
- White vinegar: Mix 1 part vinegar and three parts water, and soak your Invisalign in it for 15 minutes. Brush them and rinse them thoroughly.
If you are considering Invisalign, you may be wondering about the best way to care for your new aligners. Once you get aligners, you need to change them every week or two during the treatment. For this, you must maintain ultimate hygiene to ensure oral health. Invisalign cleaning crystals can help keep your aligners clean and free of bacteria.